We have been working with an amazing group of young Londoners to develop and record a new podcast series called Act On.
The Act On podcast focuses on issues facing young Londoners’ lives, such as inequality, the challenges of social media and the positive impact of participating in live music and cultural activities. The topics and ideas came as a result of our 2019 World Mental Health Day Festival and the young Londoners who made it happen.
The series opens up conversations on breaking down barriers, building resilience and the importance of having a sense of community. The first 6 episodes of the Act On podcast series were recorded in collaboration with Up For Arts and BBC Radio 1’s Katie Thistleton.
Or sign up to the Thrive LDN newsletter and be the first to hear when new podcasts are published.
Never Alone LDN – World Mental Healthy Day 2021 special episode
To mark World Mental Health Day 2021 at our Never Alone LDN festival, we recorded a special episode of our Act On Podcast series, looking at young Londoners’ thoughts and experiences over the past 18 months, living through the Covid-19 pandemic, and their hopes for the future. Hosted by Ahmed Mohammed, with guests Alima, Kismet, Rhamel and Sancia.
The Act On Podcast is back for Season 2! We’re breaking from our usual format for the start of Season 2, with a special set of podcasts recorded in the context of the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak and the challenges faced by Londoners because of this.
- Episode 1 – Act On: Creativity
- Episode 2 – Act On: Stand-Up Comedy
- Episode 3 – Act On: Bereavement
- Episode 4 – Act On: Education and Covid-19
- Episode 5 – Act On: Young Carers
- Episode 6 – Act On: Care Leavers
- Episode 7 – Act On: Loneliness and Covid-19
- Episode 8 – Act On: Moving Forward Post-Covid-19
- Episode 9 – Act On: Eating Disorders and Covid-19
- Episodes 10 and 11 – Act On: Health and Race double bill
- Episode 12 – Act On: Nutrition and Mental Health
Please note: this series was recorded and first broadcast prior to the outbreak of Covid-19
- Episode 1 – Act On: Inequality
- Episode 2 – Act On: Music
- Episode 3 – Act On: Social Media
- Episode 4 – Act On: Sport
- Episode 5 – Act On: Young Men and Suicide
- Episode 6 – Act On: Culture and Participation
- Episode 7 – Act On: Environment
- Episode 8 – Act On: Identity and Belonging
- Episode 9 – Act On: Loneliness
- Episode 10 – Act On: Nightlife
- Episode 11 – Act On: Hate Crime
Listen to a short preview of the series here or watch a clip below: